Whatsapp has issued some guidelines of things you shouldn’t include in your template messages to get them approved. Template messages can’t be promotional in nature. For example, they shouldn’t include:
1. New product promotional messages
2. Discount codes / vouchers / free gifts
3. Messages leading to a survey to collect data from users (surveys after service to assess the experience are fine)
4. Games, contests, tests, or quizzes. Anything that constitutes a “game of skill or chance”.
5. Non-transactional messages
6. Up-sell / cross-sell messages
7. Cold outreach messages that aim to get the user to respond e.g. “Is now a good time to talk?”
8. Template Messages shouldn’t include threatening content.
9. Templates with incorrect formatting like spelling errors, URL shortens, etc. are also not allowed.